The Bördemuseum Ummendorf is housed in a castle founded in 1178 on the western edge of the Magdeburg Börde. The Magdeburg Börde is one of the most fertile black earth areas in Central Europe.
– Historic castle tower originating in the 12th century
– 2,000 sqm open-air area with sculpture garden, agricultural equipment exhibition and herb garden
– Herb garden with over 400 different plants
– Agricultural equipment exhibition with complete steam plough kit
– Permanent exhibition on rural life
– regularly changing special exhibitions
– Library and archive on regional history and agricultural technology
– Castle Summer Concerts
– Markets and festivals: vintage car meetings, herb garden festival, castle festival and Christmas market
– Public Sunday tours
Börde Museum Burg Ummendorf
Due to the upcoming refurbishment measures, the museum will be closed from 3 June 2019 until spring 2021.
The outdoor area with herb garden and agricultural equipment exhibition can still be visited. Opening hours: Mon – Fri 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
On request, sections of the museum are also accessible outside opening hours.